Prepare for success on respiratory therapy credentialing exams! Updated to reflect the 2009 National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) content outlines, Sills' The Comprehensive Respiratory Therapist's Exam Review, 5th Edition helps you review for both entry and advanced level credentialing exams. It covers every testable subject, providing content review, self-assessment questions, and study hints. The new Evolve website contains electronic testing offering realistic practice for the entry-level credentialing exam and the advanced-level credentialing Written Registry Exam (WRE) and Clinical Simulation Exam (CSE).
- Unique! Exam Hint boxes point out subjects that are frequently tested, helping you study, plan your time, and improve your test-taking skills.
- Self-study questions are included at the end of each chapter, accompanied by answers and rationales in the back of the book.
- Complexity level codes (recall, application, and analysis) help you prepare for questions in the way that is most appropriate (e.g., memorization for recall or synthesis for analysis).
- NBRC content outline coding provides a code for each topic so you can be sure that you have covered every topic that might appear on the exam.
- CRT and RRT level codes speed your review by identifying the individual topics for the CRT and RRT exams, as well as topics for both.
- The Evolve website includes practice tests so you can assess your understanding before and after you have reviewed, allowing for practice in the computerized exam format.
- All online practice tests include the same number of questions as the actual exams, with 160 questions for the CRT review, 115 questions for the WRE review, and 11 practice simulations for the CSE review.
- A question randomizing feature ensures that you never have to take the same practice test twice.
- Study mode allows you to answer questions and get immediate feedback.
- Exam mode lets you take a timed exam with feedback after the test is completed.
- One text now covers both the entry and advanced levels of Respiratory Therapists credentialing exams, so you need only one book to prepare for CRT and RRT credentials.
- Updated content reflects the NBRC's new examination content outlines, so you get an accurate, current review.
- New coverage includes subject areas such as CPAP/BiPAP titration during sleep, hemodynamic monitoring, hyperinflation therapy, laryngeal mask airway, high frequency ventilation, oxygen titration, thoracentesis, ultrasound, and ventilator-associated pneumonia protocols.
- An Evolve website includes both CRT and RRT practice exams.